|Protect your personal information:|
- Never provide any of your personal information over the phone, mail or Internet to any unknown or untrusted party.
- Look for the lock icon on your browser status bar whenever you are submitting personal information online.
Figure 1 – SSL Secured indicator in Internet Explorer 6.X
- Use strong passwords to protect your online account access.
|Protect your login credentials:|
- Never give your Login ID, password, or PIN to anybody, including family or friends.
- Don't write your Login ID and password anywhere.
- Never enter your login credentials on any site other than our bank login page.
- Change your password regularly.
- Never store your credentials in your browser or in toolbars, as malicious programs can retrieve and harvest these credentials.
|Protect your computer:|
- Verify that the computer you use to access Online Banking has the most current firewall, anti-virus and anti-spyware software, and that you update and run these programs regularly.
|Keep your computer up-to-date:|
- Apply all security updates for your supported operating system or browser. Register for auto-updates from your software providers to ensure that your system is always up-to-date.
|Sign-off and close your browser to end your Online Banking session:|
- Always sign-off and close your browser to end your Online Banking session. This will ensure that any cached information from the session is deleted from the browser.
- Never leave your computer unattended while in Online Banking.
|Review your account information regularly:|
- Review your account information at least monthly. Notify us immediately of any discrepancy or unauthorized activity.
|Read the communications we send to you:|
- Please read and comply with all communications we send to you via Secure Messaging and follow all instruction and communication within Online Banking.
- Keep your contact information up-to-date to ensure we can contact you and you can access our online services.
|NEVER reply to any e-mail linking you to our site requesting you to enter your personal or financial information:|
- We will never ask you for personal information, such as account numbers or passwords, in an e-mail. Do not click on a link within an e-mail to provide us information or access online services.
|Use the Security Tools we offer through our services:|
- Use the security tools provided within Security Preferences in Online Banking to protect your online account services.