|Protecting You Online|
We are committed to providing you a secure Internet banking environment. Our Online Banking services use industry-leading and approved technology to protect your personal information. You can rest assured that if you follow our Security Checklist, your online and telephone banking services will be safe and secure.
Our Network Security
We provide secure network access for our Online Banking customers and support measures to prevent unauthorized access to our network. All Online Banking requests must first pass through a device on our network called a firewall. A firewall directs or blocks incoming requests to and from our online banking servers, passing only valid data requests like retrieving a web page or sending customer requests to the bank.
Verifying your Identity
With the growing trend of identity theft, we may take several precautionary measures to ensure your identity for online and telephone banking. These measures may include:
|When you use our online|
- When you logon, we require you to provide us with your Login ID and password to access your online accounts.
- We have a Password Policy that your selected password must meet which improves the strength of your password.
- We recommend that you change your password periodically for your own protection. We may restrict your re-use of previously used passwords.
- We will require you to register each computer you use to access Online Banking. When you have successfully completed this process, a security key (also referred to as a "cookie") will be placed on our browser. This "cookie" is an additional means of authentication which ensures that only your registered computers have Login ID/Password access to our services.
- Some browsers allow you to reject cookies. However, if you set your browser to reject or remove cookies periodically, you may find that you are unable to conduct your online transactions with us.
- We may limit the number of computers you are allowed to register for Online Banking.
- We may give you the option to NOT register a computer and accept one-time access in the case you are accessing our services via a public computer.
- Use an up-to-date, approved web browser.
|When you use our telephone banking services:|
- When you call in, we require you to enter your ID or account number and your selected Security Code (PIN) to access your accounts.
Protecting Your Personal Information
Monitoring Online and Telephone Activity
We gather and monitor online and telephone banking activity to 1) understand and improve how you use our services, 2) to provide technical support or assistance or follow-up on transactions you initiate online, and 3) to investigate any suspicious or unauthorized use of our services. Any collected activity information is only used internally to provide you better service, and is never shared with anybody outside of our bank, except as permitted by law.